Wednesday, January 24, 2007

AAARRRGGGG!

Can somebody please explain to me how technology has improved our lives? Because I'm just not seeing it. Of course, my view is rather clouded by the fight I've been having with my computer over whether or not it will actually copy, play, and then burn "The Life of Birds". The lab across the hall has a couple of burned discs with all the episodes from the series. 10 episodes at just under 50 minutes a piece. I think that watching the entire series will take less time than burning a copy of it.

So far, I have succeeded in getting all of the files onto my hard drive, and they all play back. Yay. What I have not succeeded in doing is getting my computer to recognize the blank DVD. My disc drive is conveniently labelled with "DVD+R DL" RW symbol. I have inserted a DVD+R DL disc. The computer refuses to acknowledge it. It did, once. My burning software was all ready to go, said I had 8.5GB of space. Then I realised I had missed one of the files. So I took out the blank DVD, put in the one I'd borrowed with the episodes on it, copied the missing file, took out the DVD, and then replaced the blank DVD.

And the disc drive made that awful grinding sound that spells doom. I took the disc out and put it back in. Several times. No luck. I rebooted. Nothing. I don't know what went wrong.

If anyone has any idea what's going on, please help me! Kyle, I'm looking at you...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

technology has made it easier for us to download free porn! =D

Anyway... hmm.... so it recognized it once? hmmm..... did you try putting in a different DVD+R DL disc?

hmm... I wish I could be of more help. Maybe Kyle indeed can help...

Eldorado said...

I forgot this blog even existed! i keep going to your other one with the silly page that asks for my gmail username and password...

Eldorado said...

in any case, check your facebook... i left a short message for you there.

Christa said...

Yes, short...

Unknown said...

I hope you get it fixed!

In any case, you should do something for your birthday... have a party!

Eldorado said...

=D