Thursday, July 26, 2007

THE poster

There's a "Snakes of Ontario" poster that I've been wanting for years, put out by the Massassauga Recovery Team the Toronto Zoo, and various other groups. It has proved impossible to track down, despite me knowing several people who already have one and despite searching for it at the Zoo and on every website of the organizations involved in producing it. I am not the only one who has had difficulty procuring one. You would think it would be relatively simple, especially given the "for more information" section at the bottom of the poster. Oddly enough, nobody seems to know where exactly they obtained it. There's a copy of the poster on the wall at work, and it's been driving me nuts. Just this morning, I was checking the Recovery Team's website again in an effort to get one. I gave up and headed back downstairs to my room. Justin had the path blocked by stacks and stacks of info sheets, newspapers, flyers, and various other paper type paraphernalia related to "Kids For Turtles" shows, which he was in the process of sorting out of the giant rubbermaid bin they've been lugging to shows without really knowing what was in it. Curious to see what was there, I started poking around (no, not making more of a mess - I kindly sorted what I found). Something caught my eye in a cardboard box next to the bin. And right there, in a box that has been about 3 feet from my bedroom door for a month and a half, was the "Snakes of Ontario" poster. Further digging revealed not one, but several of these posters. And Justin said I, and James who has also been trying to find one, could help ourselves. We were probably slightly more ecstatic than the situation really called for, but if you've never tried to find one of these posters, you simply can't understand.
 
Why on Earth couldn't I have looked in that box a month and a half ago???

No comments: